Thursday, August 4, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo!

There's this website, nanowrimo.org, and every November, they host a competition. Against you and your procrastination ;). NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, and entrants attempt at writing a book 50,000 words long- or more. Last November, I tried it, and I completed it, but I ended up scrapping the story because it sucked. Big time.

Anyway, I couldn't get enough of NaNo, so I wanted to try their other event in April, called Script Frenzy. You have to write a (I'm not sure how long) script in a month, I believe. It failed. I don't write scripts and to be honest, I'm not even sure why I tried. But, in July, the NaNo HQ Team came up with another event: Camp NaNoWriMo! I used my account from NaNoWriMo, and I logged into Camp with it. Basically, it's the exactly same as November's NaNo, you try to write a 50k word book. Except, it's in July or August. Yes, BACK TO BACK NOVEL WRITING. Which is totally great if you're trying to write a series of books. Write Book 1 in July, and Book 2 in August. But, I was doing a summer program, and I went on a lot of college tours during July, so I didn't even write a single chapter in July! Oops! :S

But, I'm here to try to write Distals in August. It's August 4, and I'm about 3 chapters behind. My goal was to write a chapter a day, and as soon as I'm done this post, I shall write 2. Then tomorrow, I will write 2 more. So, on Day 5, I will have caught up to my 5 chapters of about 2-2.5k words each. 31 days (one more day than November has!) times 2,500 words = A novel completed. :D (77,500 which is more 20.5k more than my goal!)

Wish me luck. I hope you try it out, too! Goodluck, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment